Our most popular research, latest news and publishing opportunities all in one place
- Sub-disciplines covered:
- gender studies
- medical sociology and sociology of health and illness
- disability studies
- social theory
- sport studies
- political sociology
- sociology of work and organizations
- celebrates its tenth volume with free content from across the series, specially selected by editor Kevin Young
- Journal of Criminological Research, Policy and Practice is offering authors a new paper type –
- Youth & New Media: three special volumes on , , and . Read our feature page from Technology and Youth on
- For real time updates please follow
Highlights in Sociology
Topical Special Issues
- , guest edited by Matt DeLisi
- , guest edited by Philip Birch and Nick Crofts
- , guest edited by Vicky Heap
- , guest edited by Robert J. Cramer and Phyllis Gerstenfeld
Most Downloaded Journal Content
Outstanding Papers form the backbone of the Awards for Excellence. As these awards are chosen by eminent academics or managers, the winning authors receive the prestige of it being recognized that theirs is one of the most impressive pieces of work the judges have seen throughout the past year.
Last year's award-winning papers are available to !
Research in Economic Anthropology
Research in Economic Anthropology (REA) is the longest-running book series exclusively dedicated to economic anthropology.
Find out more about it in this short video from Series Editor Dr Donald Wood.
Read more about the series...
Comparing the causes and consequences of nursing home media scandals in five countries
This study aims to explore the causes and consequences of media scandals involving nursing homes for older persons in Canada, Norway, Sweden, the UK and the USA.
While there has been longstanding recognition of the importance of scandals to the development of residential care policy, there have been few studies that have systematically examined the causes and consequences of such scandals. Find out more from author Albert Banerjee in this short video.
We also have a number of book calls below:
- New series Emerald Studies in Deviant Leisure offers an outlet for further exploration of the relationship between commodified leisure and harm. Contact Sarah Broadley for more information about this series.
- New series Replicability in Social Science Research provides a scholarly platform for critical discussion about the replicability crisis. Contact Sarah Broadley for more information about this series.
- Emerald Class and Inequality Series examines the nature, extent and sources of class divisions and social inequality, focusing on the unequal distribution of wealth and income over recent decades. Contact Sarah Broadley for more information about this series.
- Digital Dispersal: Theory and Digital Culture looks at the implications of the digital dispersal for our most basic understanding of what society is and for the forms theoretical reflection can take. Contact Sarah Broadley for more information about this series.Critical Mixed Race Studies – The first series of its kind, adopting an interdisciplinary perspective, showcasing ground-breaking research in this emerging field. Contact Sarah Broadley for more information about this series.
- Emerald Studies in Metal Music and Culture – The first scholarly book series on heavy metal, providing a focus for the growing number of monographs and edited collections in this area. Contact Sarah Broadley for more information about this series.
- Studies in Qualitative Methodology – Addresses the relationship between data collection and data analysis, theory and method, and the implications for social policy evaluation. Contact Sarah Broadley for more information about this series.
Interested in writing for Emerald? View our latest journal . Why not visit our Author Resources page for helpful tips and advice on submitting your research?
Emerald is now actively commissioning in Sociology and welcomes book proposals in this area. For more information please read our
Emerald is proud to partner with Clarivate Analytics (formerly Thomson Reuters) in maximizing the scholarly impact of authors’ work. View the Journal Impact Factors as well as journals in the Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI).
Get in touch
For further details about any of the content featured on this page, any general enquiries about the Emerald Sociology Collection, or if you would like to discuss publishing your book with us please feel free to contact the team.
Journals Publisher (Sociology, Criminology & Public Policy)
Books Commissioning Editor (Sociology, Criminology & Social Policy)
Books Commissioning Editor (Medical Sociology/Sociology of Health and Illness, Urban Studies, Environment Studies, STS)
Follow us on social media!